This program is for recurring automatic payments for City of Seattle utility bills. Please review the Utility Customer Policy and Procedure Agreement carefully. This agreement outlines City of Seattle utility policies and requirements pertaining to the Automatic Bill Payment program.
Utility Customer Policy & Procedure Agreement for Automatic Bill Payment:
A customer who participates in the City of Seattle's Automatic Bill Payment program agrees to the following:
Change in Address
- A customer who participates in the Automatic Bill Payment Program may enroll in the Electronic Billing program. However we suggest that customers who choose to enroll in Electronic Billing should cancel their participation in the Automatic Bill Payment Program and setup their automatic recurring payment through Electronic Billing and Payments instead.
- The customer's utility account must be current -- with no past due balance - to be eligible for the Automatic Bill Payment program.
- Funds will be withdrawn from the customer's bank account on the utility bill's due date. The amount withdrawn will be the amount due shown on the utility billing statement.
- A utility billing statement will be mailed for each payment that is due. It is the customer's responsibility to review each utility statement for accuracy. If you have questions about your bills, please call a utility account representative at 206.684.3000 prior to the billing statement's due date.
- If the customer has initiated a billing complaint, Automatic Bill Payment will continue. Any resulting correction will create an adjustment, which will be reflected on a future bill.
- Closing bills will be sent to the customer for payment. Funds will not be automatically withdrawn for payment of closing bills.
- The City of Seattle imposes a handling fee for any unpaid items returned from the bank. Two unpaid items returned from the customer's bank within a six-month period may be cause for removal from the Automatic Bill Payment program.
- Activation of the Automatic Bill Payment program will take approximately three weeks. The customer should continue to send in their payments until the bill shows "AutoPay" in the "Amount Due" box on the bill.
Change in Bank Information
- The Automatic Bill Payment program will terminate when a customer moves from their current address. A new Authorization Agreement is necessary to establish automatic withdrawals at the new address.
- A new Authorization Agreement for the Automatic Bill Payment Program must be submitted whenever the customer makes a change in bank account information.
- To cancel participation in the Automatic Bill Payment program, the customer must either:
Written cancellation requests must include the customer utility account number(s). Send written cancellation requests to:
- Submit the online "Cancellation Agreement for Automatic Bill Payment" form
- Submit written notification to Seattle City Light at the address below download the cancellation mail-in form by clicking here
Seattle City Light
PO Box 34023
Seattle, WA 98124-4023
*Authorized withdrawals from the bank will occur until processing of the cancellation request is complete. The Automatic Bill Payment program will be cancelled within 10 days of receiving the cancellation request.
If you have questions about this service, please call 206.733.9100. We look forward to hearing from you.